Busy garden center seeks garden center team member to work within the nursery department. Applicant will make deliveries from the nursery to the client and when not driving, support help in our nursery department (trees & shrubs). This job is a full-time seasonal position that runs from March – Christmas. Wages are competitive.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Making local deliveries – items range from small plants to large trees, bulk top soil to cement pottery.
- Heavy lifting, 50+ lbs. repeatedly
- Assisting the nursery department. This could be moving trees and shrubs and customer service.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Have a DOT medical card.
- Experience driving light duty commercial vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge of written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of Spanish a plus.
- Be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Be a team player.
- Have great communication skills.
- Be able to work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Knowledge and interest in plants a plus.
Job Type: Full-time Seasonal March – Christmas
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to apply or call (203) 869-3418 and ask for Ron or Nick